What We Expect – Carers
Once you’re registered with us and getting shifts, there are a few things we need you to remember for your work:
- Please keep us informed of your availability on a weekly basis, so we can maximise the amount of work you receive.
- Never travel to a shift wearing your uniform! Only put your uniform on once you have arrived at your assignment. Black or Navy trousers should be worn with your tunic and no trainers. You will not need to wear your uniform if your assignment is at a Psychiatric Home (we will advise you when we allocate your assignment).
- When you arrive at your place of work for the first time, please make yourself aware of the Fire Procedure, Crash Call Procedures and receive a detailed handover.
- Whilst working, please ensure your Identification Badge is always displayed. You will need to re-new your badge every year.
- If you cannot go to a shift for any reason, please give Medilink Nursing as much notice as possible – this will allow us more time to re-cover the shift.
- If you are going to be late for any reason, please call us to let us know (not the client) and then we will contact them to apologise on your behalf. Plan your journey and keep a record of your shifts in a diary.